Re: forms rowid after insert

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/04/10

In article <334BCAC6.5CC5_at_infosoft.be>, Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be> wrote:
>Has anybody got an idea about how Oracle Forms obtains the rowid
>of a newly inserted record?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gerard (ghp_at_infosoft.be, ghp_at_santens.be)

Oracle's underlying software supplies the rowid back to the calling program in a number of different processes.

Check out the documentation for the LASTROWID variable in the DBMS_SQL package, and also the documentation about ROWID in the OCI (Oracle Call Interface) documentation.

My QA form uses the rowid passed back from the DBMS_SQL package.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Thu Apr 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message