Re: ER/Win vs Designer/2000 - Which is better?

From: Jan C. Zawadzki <jcz_at_mgma.com>
Date: 1997/04/10

In article <33460238.3C59_at_mindlink.bc.ca>, David Ng <david_ng_at_mindlink.bc.ca> wrote:
>Nathan Secrist wrote:
>> (...)
>> Let me know your experience (good or bad) with each of these tools.
>> If there is other software we should look at please let me know this
>> as well.
>
>If you are database designer and working on a small project, ER/Win
>should be you choice. If you are project manager or working on a large
>application development, Desginer 2000 should be your choice.

[Quoted] I wouldn't go along with this. The 2.6 version of ER/Win has some truly bothersome bugs, including a tendency to auto-layout your carefully designed pages without warning. Having worked around the problems for the last two months I think the product suffers from one major problem: the designers don't actually use it. There are so many places where the interface works against you, it's not funny. Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Jan Received on Thu Apr 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message