Re: Forms 4.5/Dev 2000 "How to implement FIND/SEARCH Dialog in Forms 4.5" ???

From: A.T. Ng <.ng_at_flcgut.po.my>
Date: 1997/04/09

jens_at_deutschware.com (Jens U. Veigel) wrote:

>Hi Pro's
>
>Like to (Actually need to) implement a FIND/SEARCH feature (in a pop
>up dialogbox or in a text field) for finding/searching data in an
>already displayed querry. I understand I probably need to re-querry,
>etc , but I don't seem to find a build in function for this. Is there
>something that comes with forms 4.5 that I can use to find/search...
>for data that is in displayed columns. My problem is that it takes to
>long to scroll through querries in forms. Do I need to turn on
>buffering ?? Like to use the search feature to "jump" to the row
>where the matching data e.g. 695%..... or 695* has been found.
>
>Thanks for all your help.
>
>Jens
>
>jens_at_deutschware.com

There are 2 ways
1. scan throught the display record

    first_record;
   loop

      if match criteria then
           exit;
     end if;
     if :system.last_Record = 'TRUE' then
       exit

    end if;
    next_record;
   end loop;
2. requery again by adding the search criteria in to the block default_where property.
Hope it would help.

-Nat- Received on Wed Apr 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message