Re: Calling procedures, with parameters, in WebServer.

From: Brigitte Conchy <Brigitte.Conchy_at_ansf.alcatel.fr>
Date: 1997/04/09

=D8ystein Meiningen wrote:
> =

> Does anyone know of a way to call WebServer-procedures, with
> parameters from other htm-pages.
> =

> As long as I do a call to a call without any parameters as:
> <A HREF=3D"http://server/ows-bin/owa/AlterUser"> there is no problem,
> but if I want to pass for instance the username to this procedure, all
> I get is:
> =

> Request Failed
> We were unable to process your request at this time.
> Please try again later.
> =

> Any ideas on what to do ????
> =

> =D8ystein Meiningen
> IFS Norge AS
> oyme_at_osl.ifsab.se

The message you receive is the default error message of the server.
Look in the ows2/log/<WebAgentName>.err file. (Probably owa.err)
There may be some explaination about the error.

Do you call the procedure, the proper way: <A HREF=3D"http://server/ows-bin/owa/AlterUser?user=3Dsmith"> =

Is the AlterUser a PL/SQL procedure ?
If yes, is it declared like this:

   PROCEDURE AlterUser(

      user VARCHAR2
   )
Have you well configured your own listener and agent ? It seems that you use the Oracle Web server administration listener. Is this what you want to do ?

You should look at the http://www.eaglesnet.com server The Oracle Web Server is used for the players descriptions and for the game scores search.
(Look for ../owa/... URL)

Brigitte

Email: Brigitte.Conchy_at_ansf.alcatel.fr Received on Wed Apr 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message