Help with Oracle Project

From: JEREMY SEIDMAN <seidman_at_blue.seas.upenn.edu>
Date: 1997/04/08

Dear ERP Users,

We are a group of students in the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and are working on analyzing the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning software in large firms. In particular, we are interested in learning what characteristics of software solutions (such as SAP, SSA, BAAN, and others) were and are important to you and your decisions. We will compile your answers with the answers we receive from many other companies to try and build a general model for analyzing these software decisions. This survey should only take about 2 minutes to fill out and we appreciate any feedback you can give us. Your answers will go a long way in advancing our academic pursuits and for your time, we will be happy to provide you with conclusions of our results. We are currently working with several large-scale manufacturing companies, as well as some Big Six consulting firms, to fully analyze their ERP implementations. If you would like to be a part of this study to a more full extent, please let us know. Please email your results to seidman_at_eniac.seas.upenn.edu. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Seidman			Shane Lipson
Manufacturing Lead		IT Lead
seidman_at_eniac.seas.upenn.edu	lipsons_at_eniac.seas.upenn.edu

1. What ERP software are you currently using?

2. On a scale of 1(low) to 10 (high), please rate the importance of the following criteria as you viewed them during software search (PRIOR to actual implementation):

Conformity to business processes ___
Similarity with current IT environment (UNIX, Client Server model, etc.)___ Cost___
Company reputation___
Programming quality___
Ease of implementation___
Ease to move people to new system___
Warranties/Guarantees___
Past Success stories___
Accounting Capabilities___
Manufacturing Capabilities___

3. On a scale of 1(low) to 10 (high), please rate the importance of the following criteria as you viewed them AFTER implementation, if you had to do the project again: