Perfomance for Reports 2.5

From: <krafcik_at_ucis.vill.edu>
Date: 1997/04/07

We are developing a form letter using Oracle Reports 2.5 running under an Oracle 7.1.6 database. The report extracts 8 database values and inserts into a form letter. Our selection includes a join of seven tables and returned 650 rows. The largest table contains 400,000 rows. The rest of the tables average 200,000 rows. We running Windows 95 with 32mb ram. Thus we would like to know an optimum run time for such a report. We recently ran such a query and the results took about 15 minutes. The Oracle Server runs under a Data General Unix OS and model DG-9500 with a Gig of memory and 8 processors. Is this result OK? I appreciate any responses. Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message