Re: what's the binary name for your SQLPlus & SQLLoader?

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/07

In article <5hrjiq$s3b_at_nntp1.u.washington.edu>, "L. Tseng" <lesliet_at_u.washington.edu> writes
>It seems to me that Oracle names their utilities differently on NT based on the
>version number.
>For example, SQLPlus has been named plus33, plus33w, sqlplus and SQL*Loader is
>called
>sqlldr73 in our NT environment. This makes it very difficult for us to
>distribute
>software that needs to use those utilities accross platforms and versions. I
>thought
>Oracle has been emphasizing their database's portability and I failed to
>understand
>why this name inconsistency happened.
>
>I think SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus are called sqlload and sqlplus on all unix
>platforms
>(correct me if I am wrong). Can someone give a hint as to what's the standard
>(or is there any) names for sqlplus and sqlloader on NT platforms?
>Thanks,
>
>Leslie

On my Windows 95 system the following registry settings exist under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE

EXECUTE_SQL     PLUS33
PLUS_DFLT       PLUS33
PLUS33          H:\ORAWIN95\PLUS33

There are two executables, PLUS33.EXE is a console app and PLUS33W.EXE is a windows app.

You should be able to make use of the registry entry at install time to determine which program to run.

--
Jim Smith