Core dump on PROC sample programs execution

From: Stephane LECHNER <STEPHANE_LECHNER_at_Non-HP-Switzerland-om1.om.hp.com>
Date: 1997/04/06

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate from Oracle7.16 on HP.UX 9.xx to Oracle7.3.2 on HP-UX 10.xx.
I had a proC program that connected to Oracle, retrieved data and disconnected. This worked fine under 7.1.6. Now, on 7.3.2 I try to compile/link/run sample1.pc from ORACLE PROC directory.
the ORA_CLIENT_LIB variable has been exported to shared but the program core-dumps every time when it tries to perform the connect.   Attempts to determine the cause of the core-dump showed the prblem is caused by a unresolved "sprintf" symbol in libclntsh.sl (Oracle shared lib).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stephane Received on Sun Apr 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message