Re: bubble hint

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/04/04

In article <3344459E.4DDB_at_prodigy.net>, MNavarrete <MNavarrete_at_prodigy.net> wrote:
>I have the following problem with bubble hint in forms4.5:
>
>I need to be able to turn the bubble hint text for icon buttons, every
>time a key is pressed. For example we have icon buttons on a tool bar
>in each form in our system. If you put the mouse on the button the
>bubble text displays and it keeps displaing even if you press any key.
>We would like to have the option of turning that of after any key is
>pressed. The Oracle suggestion of putting a statement on each key
>trigger is not feasible for our project. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Before I knew about Oracle's Hints.PLL, I created my own procedures to display and hide balloon hints, so I don't know how different your situation is. To erase the balloon hints, I call the erase_balloon procedure from two triggers: When-Mouse-Leave and a form-level When-New-Item-Instance trigger.

This pretty much covers all the situations except where the user puts the mouse-cursor on the hint item, and then continues keying something in the middle of an input item. I don't think there is any trigger that would sense this situation.

HTH
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message