Re: Oracle Replication Manager

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/04/04

Michel Sahyoun wrote:

> Has anyone used the Replication Manager before? Does it work with a
> heterogeneous environment consisting of Oracle versions ranging from 7.0
> to 7.3?
>
> Any fedback would be greatly appreciated.

[Quoted] I actual have experience setup a Replication environment which is now in production.

[Quoted] The Oracle Replication Option doesn't work below 7.3.

[Quoted] My comment is :

[Quoted] 1. Knowledge, Training and Experience is essential.
2. More consideration in security and performance consideration.
[Quoted] 3. More consideration and efforts in architectual and functional design.
4. More consideration in operation procedure setup.
[Quoted] 5. More effor to maintain and support.

Conclusion, good but be careful.
[Quoted] By the way, my Replication Manager on NT works fine but slow.

Regards,
Michael Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message