ER/Win vs Designer/2000 - Which is better?

From: Nathan Secrist <nsecrist_at_evolving.com>
Date: 1997/04/01

Database Designers/DBAs:

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are in the process of evaluating ER/Win and Designer/2000 for [Quoted] our Case Tool/Data Modeling Tool.

We will be using the software for the following tasks:

Entity-Relationship Diagrams
Logical Modeling
Physical Modeling
Maintaining a Data Repository
[Quoted] Automatically generate Oracle DDL from the Repository Reverse Re-Engineer Oracle Tables back into the repository

If anyone can give me some feedback on whether or not you have used 1 or both of these tools.

Let me know your experience (good or bad) with each of these tools.

If there is other software we should look at please let me know this as well.

Thanks in advance!

Nathan

Nathan G. Secrist
Evolving Systems Inc.
nsecrist_at_evolving.com Received on Tue Apr 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message