Export/Import ownership problems...

From: Carlos Jimenez <sfcrj_at_fail.com>
Date: 1997/03/31

We are exporting some Oracle financial tables from Payables, and we have some triggers and indexes on ap tables owned by our customized application sqlplus account.

We exported the tables 3 different ways (a. AP user, b. SYSTEM user and c. SYSTEM user [again]).

When we imported the tables back to AP.

  1. Imported back by the AP account. We got all the tables but we lost all the customized triggers and customized indexes.
  2. Imported back by the SYSTEM account. We have everything back but all was owned by AP. The customized account lost control of the triggers and indexes.
  3. Imported back by the SYSTEM account with FROMUSER=(AP,SYSTEM,CUSTOM) and TOUSER=(AP,SYSTEM,CUSTOM). Same results as in b.

Does anybody have any ideas of how to resolve these kinds of problems. I actually open all the export dump files and the dump does not any information about the were the triggers or indexes come from, it just have the necessary scripts to created but does not care who owns the objects.

I tried these test on RDBMS 7.1.6.2 and 7.3.2 with the same results.

We will have bigger problems in the Oracle applications (Financials, manufacturing, etc) since starting with apps 10.7 the APPS account will own triggers, views, etc from all other 41 applications.

		Best regards, Carlos R. Jimenez.
		E*mail:  Jimenez_carlos_at_tandem.com