Re: do I need to know C to get server side applications working under webserver???

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1997/03/31

Franz Maruna wrote:

> Do I really have to write or find a C program just to run r25run.exe on
> my NT server so i can display the html generated report that oracle says
> is so easy to interface with the web? Shouldn't there be some support
> for running existing applications on the server? I don't need ANY
> interface at all, since all the paramaters will have been written to a
> table through a form. I just need to launch the report with the proper
> paramaters and then I can use serverside includes to display the report.
> Is there any help for me?

  Yes. You need to write a CGI to invoke the execution of r25run. The output can be generated as a PDF format (you need a patch). Then, you can display the PDF to web page.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.