Re: Data Conversion Tools

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1997/03/29

> I'm looking for tools that would simplify transferring data from one
> database design to a different design (both designs on Oracle). We are
> converting from a denormalized table structure to a normalized one and
> want to avoid writing SQL to do the conversion as much as possible. I
> would appreciate hearing from you if you have experience in similar
> projects.

I have used Borland's Paradox for Windows to do this on several projects quite successfully. The data was queried directly into Paradox tables. And then rewritten back to the new structure.

This isn't faster or as robust as SQL Loader but it is an alternative to writing SQL.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Mar 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message