Re: PL/SQL how-to procedure

From: Chrysalis <cellis_at_iol.ie>
Date: 1997/03/29

As the PL/SQL manual makes clear, a SQL statement may be defined in a cursor in the Declare and referenced with a FETCH ... INTO ... after opening the cursor, or included directly in the body of the procedure as SELECT .. INTO ...

There is no point in executing a select statement without making use of the returned items and such an operation is not allowed: you MUST select (or fetch) INTO.

Chrysalis.