Re: storing images thru forms

From: Mark Freudenberg <freud_at_gate.net>
Date: 1997/03/29

Hello,

In order to stored image files in the database, you need to store them in a LONG RAW field.

Create a new form and base it on the table that has the long raw. Use the READ_IMAGE_ITEM builtin to read in a jpg to the long raw base table item. Then commit it to the db. Viola, it's in the db.

You can create a When-Button-Pressed trigger that looks something like this to do it:

Begin

   Read_Image_File('photo.jpg', 'JPG', 'block.item'); End;

Press the button, and save the record to the db. Check out the on-line help for more info.

Mark Freudenberg