Referencing Tables from within blocks

From: Gerald \ <floyd_at_mbay.net>
Date: 1997/03/28

This is a strange question but I can't figure out a different way....

if I'm in a control block which is referencing a table, and I want to insert a record into another table which is not associated with the current block, how do I do it...I've tried using the Insert into table (columns)Values(data) technique with no luck...do I have to build a relationship?

I'm trying to build a log and just want to insert a date and code into a table whenever I insert or delete a record. This transactional table is not related to the tables receiving the records in any logical way.

Thanks in advance...

Floyd Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message