VB, Oracle ODBC data access problem

From: Jason Byors <jcbsurf_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/28

I am connecting to a Oracle 7 database with VB through ODBC. I am using the data control and displaying fields on a form. When I change the data in a bound textbox, and try to go to the next record I get the following error: "Can't perform operation; it is illegal." Is this because I can't edit ODBC data directly through the data control, or because I have to do a commit before I can move to the next record? What would be the code to execute the commit?

Please e-mail me your answer in addtion to posting. Thank you in advance for your help.

jb Received on Fri Mar 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message