Re: NT - Netware SQL*Net

From: Richard Fisher <Richard_Fisher_at_dmr.ca>
Date: 1997/03/27

mary kodama wrote:

> I am trying to connect Netware 3.12 Oracle 7.0.15 to
> NT 3.5 Oracle 7.2 using SQL*Net, but am having no luck.
> Did anyone have any success with this?
>
> -M Kodama

Hi Mary,
It's a bit difficult to diagnose the problem without an idea of what is going wrong.
I nearly always find the problem lies with the listener or tnsnames files - some
slight syntax or format problem which causes it to fail. How did you create them - did
you use Network Manager on NT? What happens when you try and ping between them - can they see each other? Are the SQL*Net versions the same (client and server)? If not the same version, have you read the 'Oracle Network Products Troubleshooting Guide'?
I know this is a bunch of questions and not much help in itself, but if you can describe the
symptoms, I'm sure one of the experts who read this will be able to help you.
Regards.....Richard Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message