Re: Spell Checking in Forms 4.5

From: Nick Marcovecchio <nmarc_at_passport.ca>
Date: 1997/03/27

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:16:13 -1000, "S.Denny" <sdenny_at_dpi.tas.gov.au> wrote:

>I have a requirement to provide a scientific spell checker within Forms
>4.5.6 text fields.
>I'd appreciate a response from anyone who has had to deal with this issue
>before and have some suggestions, as well as any feedback on using OLE to
>embed or link a wordprocessor (Microsoft Word etc).
>The target platform is Windows95.

>Cheers

>sdenny_at_dpi.tas.gov.au

I have accomplished this by using Word's spell checker through OLE automation.

Using the OLE2 package, initialize Word, create a new document, insert the text into the document, run the spell checker, and return the corrected text. Refer to the OLE2 package with Forms.

Hope this helps.

-
Nick Marcovecchio
nmarc_at_passport.ca Received on Thu Mar 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message