Best disk/hardware Configuration (How To)

From: Svein-Egil Pettersen <svpett_at_sn.no>
Date: 1997/03/26

Hello!
[Quoted] Our Company is new to Oracle and the NT Platform. Today we have 400+ OS/2 machines, we recently got ourselfs a Intel based server for Oracle 7.3 and Win NT V4.0.

What is the best way to configure the harddisks

Dual PPro 200Mhz
512 Mb ECC Ram
8 x 4,5 GB hotswap 7200 Rpm hardisks
Oracle 7.3 Enterprise Server
Windows Nt v4.0
Mylex Multichannel Cached UltraWide SCSI This is what I have done:

Win Nt, Oracle Exe's, Redologs on RAID1 (Mirroring) 2 disks, one usable. C: and D: (Redologs on D:)

The rest of the disk is RAID5 for datafiles (one Large E: drive)

IS this a good solution ???
Should I split the RAID5 area in several Logical drives E: f: g: h:..... ???
[Quoted] Can someone please recommend somthing else, or tell me what I an doing wrong here, and why ????

Regards
Svein-Egil Pettersen
Joh-Data AS
Oslo, Norway