Re: Can Forms access client-side files?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/03/24

I haven't tried this, but the Text_IO package comes to mind. You could use the Forms "Host" command to run a DOS script to check for files and directories, and via DOS's '>' output redirection indicator, write the results to a temporary file. (Of course, this is assuming all your users' client machines are pc's) Then using the Text_IO package, read the file to see if the files you want are there. All of this is heavily dependent on everyone using the same client operating system, and I don't even know if Text_IO would read such files.

If any of this works, please post a followup to let everyone know.

Good luck,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088