Re: Question on porting Designer 2000 repository to another machine

From: Phil Cook <pcook_at_iamerica.net>
Date: 1997/03/24

Another method of moving the repository is to use the server export utility and export the user that owns the repository. We have had problems on the PC using the Designer export utility from both a resource and time-frame standpoint.

If you use this method, you will have to manually add the case users to the new database and make sure that the
users have the correct roles. Another issue is to make sure that all of the repository objects are valid; select object_name from user_objects where status = 'INVALID' logged in as the repository owner.

On large repositories, the above method may be more acceptable.

Phil Cook

Simon Goland <sg_at_mda.ca> wrote in article <332EC669.2FA0_at_mda.ca>...