HELP! ORACLE.INI & NT

From: denise collins <collinsde_at_ic.gc.ca>
Date: 1997/03/21

We are currently testing our Oracle applications on WIN 95 & NT 4.0. So far (touch wood) we have not encountered any major problems, however I have found that for some end-users on NT machines the Oracle.ini file needs to be in the C:\WINNT and that on others it has to be in the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory. I am at a loss to understand the difference.

 In both cases the WINDIR directory is C:\WINNT and the NT path is  C:\WINNT\SYSTEMS32;C:\WINNT All these machines are new pentiums and have not had WIN 95 OR win 3.1 previously installed.

Please could someone fill in my obviously large gap in knowledge or point me to a book that could help me.

Regards, Denise. Received on Fri Mar 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message