Re: OPO dead cat bounce

From: Rick Morley <rick.morley_at_morley-data.com>
Date: 1997/03/21

Yes - just general form development when it all came tumbling down. I think my problems are close to your old one - in the area of a corrupt .poa The associated .pos seemed ok. It was kinda wild - I couldn't open the file or even delete it. I was convinced that the entire folder was trashed so I wrote some wild code to work around it, delete some stuff - esp. the file that was crazy glued, and it all ran today without problems. Before I distribute it to a customer I think I'll rewrite and relocate everything just to be sure. Perhaps v3 will have a source code editor like FoxPro. I left all of this e-mail I place in case someone was trying to follow it.

--
< From the desktop of- Rick Morley >
< rick.morley_at_morley-data.com >

Bob Hoskin <rhoskin_at_heartlnd.com> wrote in article
<01bc353b$cff65060$81639aa5_at_rhoskin>...

> Rick,
>
> You didn't say what the circumstances were - just working away in the
> designer?
> I haven't seen errors like that since V1 (which *did* do that sort of
thing
> to regularly).
>
> FWIW, though, during the v1 "era", I had something like that happen, and
> ended up with a corrupt application file. OPO problem begat win95 crash
> and crash begat corrupt files.
> I sent the file in to Oracle with a stiff note, and asked that it be
fixed.
> They looked the file over, said that there was nothing they could do,
and
> asked me if I had Win95's write-behind cacheing on. Their point being
that
> the problem was larger than a broken pointer (or whatever), and that
likely
> I had significant blocks not yet written to disk at the time of the
crash.

> Not the answer I wanted, but it made sense to me. I turned cacheing off
> and haven't had *any* trouble with file corruption since.
>
> -hope this helps,
>
> Bob Hoskin
>
> Rick Morley <rick.morley_at_morley-data.com> wrote in article
> <01bc3471$8915fe40$LocalHost_at_ricks-nec>...
> > Anyone else getting these OPO 2.0 errors? Upon some of these errors,
Oracle
> > halts and takes me back to Win95. Sometimes an error locks up my sys
and I
> > have to reboot. Other times I cannot delete or open the property sheet
for
> > a form.
> >
> > SQL-00170: ERROR OPENING FILE "0000002AETC." FOR READING
> > STO-05000: UNEXPECTED EXECUTION ERROR, TYPE 8
> > WFI-03026:ERROR READING FROM FILE "C:\PATH\NAME OF FILE"
> > DB0-05092: INTERNAL ERROR _at_C:\X\GEN\DB.CPP.311:BAD BUFFER
LOCK(0X0,0X69)