Re: DBMS_OUTPUT Hmmm.

From: <CHEELYM9_at_spanky.badm.sc.edu>
Date: 1997/03/21

Gert Rijs wrote:

> DAVID pOWER <PowerD_at_logica.com> wrote in article
> <5grrpl$rdg_at_romeo.logica.co.uk>...
> > Does the DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE statement work outside the exception
> > handler. If the statement wrong and generating an error itself, it could
> > explain your problem.
> >
> > Are you sure that the execution reaches the DBMS_OUPUT statement?
> >
> > Dave power.
> I think i read somewhere that some versions of sql*plus (don't know which,
> sorry) have a bug that prevents it to show dbms_output when the pl/sql
> block generates an exception.
> Gert

DBMS_OUPUT is Package store on oracle Server. You can call this DBMS_OUPUT from SQL*PLUS or PL/SQL server not the PL/SQL on the oracle forms.

Example in sqlplus

set serveroutput On ;
declare

   num number;
   begin

/* Your code */

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ( 'NO erro' );

exception when others then

DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(' Erro '||to_char(sqlcode) || ' '|| sqlerrm )then

end;

KHALID BOUSSIF
SCT Received on Fri Mar 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message