Re: Import taking long time...

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/21

Mohan wrote:

> Hi !
>
> My export file size is 145MB.
>
> Time taken for the import(without indexes)-> 10 hours
>

> Has anyone experienced anything of this sort in the same environment?

> Thanks
>
> Mohan
>
> mohan_at_hlos.com.au

Other than splitting the import into multiple ones for all the procs/packages I doubt that there is any great way to speed up the import.

We don't use financials but for a couple of our large apps ie those with lots of database procs etc we unload them with SQLPlus and run multiple re-creation jobs once the import has completed...

Cheers

--
Connor McDonald
Systems Administrator-Unix/Oracle