Re: Uppercase constraint on Date Field

From: Brian Membrey <horsemth_at_mel.switch.net.au>
Date: 1997/03/20

I'm a bit confused with this (not unusual) --- I tried duplicating it and got the constraint error on the second insert as well as the "year 2000" insert which obviously attracts attention.

I think the problem is that UPPER is defined as a string function and I'm not sure how it will translate to a date. I changed the constraint to

(TO_CHAR(col1) = upper(TO_CHAR(col1)))

and both the second and third inserts work fine

LizRHW <lizrhw_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19970319055301.AAA10672_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...