Re: Debug/Tracing PL/SQL

From: Josh Ballard <ballard_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

Steven Hill wrote:

> I'm using PO7 on Windows95 without any additional Oracle products.
>
> With this configuration, what's the best way to debug/trace PL/SQL
> code. I'd like to be able to do the standard 4GL things like: step,
> step into, set watchpoints, set breaks etc. Is there general concensus
> on how to debug/trace PL/SQL code or is there a 3rd party product that
> fits my requirements?
>
> Thanks,
> Steven Hill
> Computer Catalyst, Inc.
> mailto:steven_at_compcat.com

PLATINUM technology has recently released (December 96) its second generation of server-side database development tools, called SQL-Station. One component of SQL-Station debugs server side PL/SQL, and supports such functions as setting breakpoints, step in/step out, variable watch, and viewing of call stacks.

SQL-Station Debugger is integrated into SQL-Station, which includes SQL-Station Coder, a tool for code creation, testing, and execution tool. The combination of SQL-Station Coder and Debugger will allow you to quickly identify your problem code, fix it, and redeploy it, all within the same environment.

Also included in SQL-Station is SQL-Station Plan Analyzer, a tool for optimizing your SQL.

SQL-Station's quality has earned it an "Analyst's Choice" award from PC Week Magazine.

For more information, visit PLATINUM's web site at www.platinum.com, contact PLATINUM at info_at_platinum.com, or for technical information, contact me at ballard_at_platinum.com.

Josh Ballard
Product Manager, SQL-Station
ballard_at_platinum.com Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message