Re: WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger Firing Problem

From: Dmitry L. Zhuk <dmitry_at_leaves.spb.su>
Date: 1997/03/20

Mark T. Waring wrote:

> I have Developer 2000 with Forms 4.5. where I have a form with data fields
> and some buttons.
>
> In the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger for the EXIT button, I coded:
> exit_form(NO_COMMIT);
>
> In the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger for the CLEAR FORM button, I first
> assigned valid values to all of the required fields, i.e., :field:=1;
> Then I coded: clear_field(NO_COMMIT);
>
> Both triggers work fine, except when the cursor is sitting on an empty
> required field. Then they don't fire at all until a valid value is typed.
>
> There must be a way around this, but I sure don't know it.
>
> I'd appreciate any help I can get.
>
> You can e-mail me at mwaring_at_umabnet.ab.umd.edu
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Waring

You can use Set_Form_Property(xx,VALIDATION,PROPERTY_FALSE) when you want clear form,and after clear_form(NO_VALIDATE) you use Set_Form_Property(xx,VALIDATION,PROPERTY_TRUE).Buttons must have Mouse_Navigate & Navigable properties in False, because when you press button by mouse validate-trigger not fire for current item (record). And all right. Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message