Forms 5.0 Training!!!!

From: Derek Hardy <derekh_at_teknosys.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/19

Developer/2000 Release 2.0 : Forms 5.0 New Features - Course Outline

Purpose

The course will give the attendee an excellent insight into the latest release of Oracle's flagship development tool, Forms 5.0. Presented in an informal style by experienced consultants, this course is very hands-on, with a substantial amount of time spent performing workshops that will allow the user to gain valuable exposure to the product.

Target Audience

Aimed at experienced developers who are currently using or who have experience of Oracle Forms 4.5.

Pre-requisites

Prior knowledge of Oracle Forms 4.5, SQL and PL/SQL is most definitely required, as this course is devoted to
the new features of Forms 5.0. If you are interested in learning Oracle Forms 5.0, but do not have the required experience, we suggest attending our other course - Building Applications using Oracle Forms 5.0.

Contents

Introduction to Forms 5.0

     Terminology Changes
     Interface Changes

Creating New Forms

     Template Forms
     Data Block / Layout Wizards

New Canvas Boilerplate Management

GUI Enhancements

     Prompts
     Tool tips
     Right-Mouse Menus
     Smart Bars
     Tab Canvases
     SDI Documents

Block Properties

     Array DML Options
     Query All Records Option
     New Block Data Sources

Object Orientation

     Object Subclassing
     Object Libraries
     SmartClasses

Productivity Enhancements

     SmartTriggers
     Auto-Calculated Items

Enhanced Product Integration

     Charts Wizard
     Reports Wizard

Programmatic Enhancements

     Global Libraries
     Global Record Groups
     Standard Windows Dialog

Advanced Productivity Enhancements

     PL/SQL V2 Support
     ActiveX Control (OCX) Support

Duration

This course lasts for two days and is usually run over a weekend.

Location

We have convenient locations in Manchester, London and Edinburgh. We can also arrange on-site training courses.

Price

£349 plus VAT (17.5%). Course materials are available at a cost of £100 plus VAT.

Derek Hardy
Senior Consultant
Teknosys UK LTD
e-mail : training_at_teknosys.co.uk