Re: Forms4.5: can we create items/blocks dynamically ?

From: Shawn Odekirk <shawno_at_erudite.com>
Date: 1997/03/19

Christian Gregory <christian.gregory_at_citicorp.com> wrote in article <332F0163.3557_at_citicorp.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> Coming from the world of powerbuilder, I find myself lost with forms.
>
> Can we dynamically create items in blocks in forms ?
>
> Say that a user wants to view a record from table A. From an LOV,
> table A is selected, this action would trigger a block to be displayed
> with the 1st record from that table. Now if table B is selected from
> the LOV, then the content of the block for table A is erased, and the
> content of table B is now displayed on that block.
>
> Is this possible ?
>
> Any comment is appreciated.

Take a look at Steve Cosner's home page.

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088/index.htm

He has written a form which operates very much like you describe. Look at his Quick Access utility.
Steve has been able to do a lot with forms that I thought was impossible.

Shawn Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message