Re: Attaching Libraries

From: LizRHW <lizrhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/19

Forms looks in a certain sequence of directories for files, starting with the current directory, then going to the FORMS45. If you specify a specific directory, it looks there instead.

In the Designer, when you attach the library, you can change the directory specification. (you can only do this when you attach it; you cannot change it later. However, you can drop the attachement and recreate it with no ill effects).

When you attach it library, if you can, make the directory specification a relative specification, rather than an absolute. For example, we have 1 directory for each application, and 1 common directory. These are
'sibling' directories. In the common directory are libraries and forms
shared by multiple applications. In e form that is built in, say, directory 'app1', when I attach the library, it attaches to a library
'c:\mystuff\common\mylib.pll'. I edit the line and make it say
..\common\mylib.pll

Now it looks up one level (going to the c:\mystuff level), and goes to \common, and gets mylib.pll from there.

This also works when running forms and reports.

Dan Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message