Re: Debug/Tracing PL/SQL

From: Robert Cordingley <cord_at_zoom.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

Steven Hill wrote:
> With this configuration, what's the best way to debug/trace PL/SQL
> code. I'd like to be able to do the standard 4GL things like: step,
> step into, set watchpoints, set breaks etc. Is there general concensus
> on how to debug/trace PL/SQL code or is there a 3rd party product that
> fits my requirements?

[Quoted] Actually, there's only one product (that I know of) which will debug all of the server-side PL/SQL things. It's called Watch-PL and it's from Platinum. For some reason they don't really advertise the product even though it's pretty decent and quite functional. It's not fast and the way it does its thing is not pretty but it *does* work. Oracle's alleged debugger seems to be intended only for OracleForms PL/SQL which is still v1.x of PL/SQL. As far as I know, there are no products with really make use of Oracle's little "debugger interface" which would allow somebody to make a very slick and functional debugger. Watch-PL is the only game in town for now...I think.

                                Robert Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message