Oracle WebServer and SSL

From: Grzegorz Unolt <unolt_at_itti.efp.poznan.pl>
Date: 1997/03/18

Hi everybody!

We have Oracle Web Server and want to configure it for use with Secure Socket Layer. One of the steps is that we have to acquire a Certificate of Authenticity for our server. These certificates are normally issued by third-party companies, e.g. VeriSign. The whole procedure is described in detail in Oracle Web Server Manual. The only problem is that you have to pay for such a certificate around $300 per year. As we are only testing SSL at the moment we would like to avoid paying for the certificate and try to issue (or produce) one on our own. I know it looks strange but I heard it's possible.

Can anyone help in this matter? HOW TO PRODUCE A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY FOR ORACLE WEB SERVER??? Grzegorz Unolt
unolt_at_itti.efp.poznan.pl Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message