Creating user_constraint query with indents

From: Scott T. Johnson <sjohnson_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/03/17

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am attempting to create a view of the user_constraints table that will show foreign key restraints on tables as indented for each table. I have attempted to use the connect by clause and keep getting the oracle error:

SELECT LPAD(' ', 2* LEVEL)||table_name||' '||constraint_name||' '|| delete_rule explain_plan
from user_constraints
where constraint_type = 'R'
connect by constraint_name = r_constraint_name /

ERROR at line 6:
ORA-01437: cannot have join with CONNECT BY

Can this be done? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Scott Received on Mon Mar 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message