DBMS_SQL: set table name at run time?

From: Amine Y. Tarhini <atarhini_at_ringer.cs.utsa.edu>
Date: 1997/03/17

I don't have much experience with dynamic PL/SQL. I wrote a stored procedure to query a table where I pass the table name through an IN parameter to the query. I followed all dynamic PL/SQL instructions regarding the OPEN_CURSOR, PARSE, BIND_VARIABLE, etc... but I kept getting the 'table or view doesn't exist' error (I believe it was ORA -942). My question is can the table name be set at run time? I'm writing this for FORMS 4.5 application. Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Amine.
atarhini_at_ringer.cs.utsa.edu

The above views are mine only ... etc. etc.