Re: Attaching Libraries

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/03/17

Nigel Underwood wrote:

> Re: Developer 2000 Release 1.3.2 ( Windows 95/NT )
>
> All,
>
> Is there any way apart from modifying the registry, to tell Forms 4.5 where
> to pickup the attached libraries. What I'd like to do is to place the
> attached library in the application executable area and not amongst the
> Oracle forms directories. The only way I can see of doing this is to modify
> the registry entries using regedit.

The only way other than editing the registry is to set the 'Start In' (same as 'Working Directory' in Windows 3.x) folder on the icon to the directory where your code is. Forms will look in this directory first, before looking at the path specified in the registry.

You cannot do it using triggers, as Runform attached the libraries during the process of loading the form, before any triggers are executed.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.