Re: Developer 2000 - Strengths & Weaknesses

From: Pauli Salmu <pauli.salmu_at_pp.kolumbus.fi>
Date: 1997/03/16

Michael Taylor wrote:
> The 'generated' applications are for the most part inflexible, modal and
> unimaginative. If that fits the bill for your applications, certainly go
> for
> it! In our case we were unable to generate many applications from the
> CASE tool that were acceptable in terms of how the user interface
> actually functioned.

According to my experience "flexibility and imagination" all too often just
mean inconsistency, bugs and extra work. I like Developer 2000 because it's
relatively hassle-free, well integrated to the database and PL/SQL is the
language of every tool. This opinion is strengthened by every post here with
someone asking about some weird phenomenon in Delphi or VB and whether they
should use TQuery or GQuery or whatever when running a packaged procedure or
something... Received on Sun Mar 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message