Re: Loading ASCII File into a LONG Column

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1997/03/16

Krishna Adiraju wrote:
> the scenario. An ASCII file (typically a report saved in ASCII format
> containing blank lines, tabs, new lines etc..) has to be inserted into
> an Oracle Table's LONG column using SQL*Loader or Pro*C. The data from
> the Oracle Table is later used by Visual Basic to display on the screen
> with the same format as the report was printed on the Printer. I tried
> doing this using SQL*Loader, but it's not working as SQL*Loader treats
> each line as a record (infact the whole ASCIII file should be treated as
[Quoted] > a field) and even quits when it encounters blank lines.

  You can try to use continueif

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.