Q: keeping both Oracle WebServer v1.0 and Web Application Server 3.0 beta

From: htchen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

Hi, I have installed WebServer V1.0 successfully and all demos worked. Now, I have just downloaded Web Application Server 3.0 Beta for Solaris 2.x. I want to keep both WebServer V1.0 and the new Web Application Server 3.0 Beta on the same machine and accessing the same database. In the installation guide, it was suggested that I should do two things to accomplish this:

  1. use a different network port for Web Application Server 3.0 Beta
  2. use a different $ORACLE_HOME for Web Application Server 3.0 Beta

I understand the first thing I have to do. But, as for the second thing, I do not quite understand the requirement of a different ORACLE_HOME. Any recommendations are welcome.

Sincerely,
Henry Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message