Re: Java applet and OWS

From: Christopher Yearsley <Chris_at_pandion.u-net.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

[Quoted] I've been having problems understanding this, too. I've been reading the Webserver 3 docs, and can find loads of information about server-side Java, but nothing about connecting applets to a database. I had assumed that WS3 would provide JDBC connectivity, but I can't find any reference to JDBC either in WS3, or on Oracle's WWW site.

[Quoted] Probably I'm missing something really obvious here, but...

[Quoted] How can an applet in a browser use Oracle Webserver 3 to access database information? It looks like third-party drivers are needed, which seems too crazy to be true.

--
[Quoted] Chris Yearsley
Chris_at_pandion.u-net.com