Re: system.last_query(forms/reports)

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

Candy wrote...
>I am trying to send the last query 'where' clause from Forms 4.5 to
 Reports
> that shows how to do this. When I add these to my form, I call the
> Run_Report_For_Last_Query using my own report name in the Run_Product
> call, and my parameter name in the Add_Parameter call. I keep
 getting

> REP-0159: Syntax error on command line.
>
> I have checked the where clause and it is correct. The parameter list
> is sent on a stack and I don't know how to view it in the debugger.
> Has anyone else tried using these procedures with similar
 problems?
> Reference is pp. 4-24 - 4-25 of the Forms 4.5 Reference Manual for
> Developer 2000, Ref. Manual Vol. one. Thanks in advance! --Candy

I have used this successfully; I am not sure exactly what you are doing wrong, but the steps you need to be sure of are,

in the form ... (I don't have the manual or code here, so I am going off memory...)
param_id = create_parameter ('your_name'); add_parameter (param_id, 'your_param_name', text_attribute, 'your_value'); run_product (reports, your_rep_file, param_id);

In the report...
you must have a user parameter (under the date model in the object navigator) defined there with the same name and an appropriate data type and size. If you are using a parameter form in the report, and don't hide this parameter, it will show up in the report's parameter form.

Dan Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message