Help with ORACLE SPX sqlnetv2

From: Mauro DiBenedetto <mauro_at_westnet.com>
Date: 1997/03/14

I need advice as to what else I need to do to get ORACLE SPX to work on Solaris 2.5.
Here's what I have done:
Installed SUNWipx and the 102944-03 patch Configred the ipxtab as follows:
---IPXTAB------

interface internal 8080661d
interface /dev/hme:0 0x00030B02
frametype 0x00030B02 ethernet_802.3
spxmaxpacket 576
sap-ipg 10
---end IPXTAB---

this seems to provide oracle with enough to get sqlnet 2 drivers up and running and passing the loopback tests.... however, my question is how to get this stuff to work on a network... I set up the exact same configuration on two separate boxes on the same network subnet and both work with the loopback interface, but fail when I try to connect from one machine to the other via sqlnet 2.

please let me know if any of you have had similar problems and have solutions.

thanks,

Mauro
mauro_at_westnet.com Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message