Re: Populating a list item at runtime...

From: Joseph Strano <stranoj.dulcian_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/03/14

Create a record group and populate the list with the record group. Here is an example using EMP from SCOTT/TIGER:

Create a record group called RG_EMP that is based on the following query:

select ename,to_char(empno)
from emp

ENAME will be what is shown in the list, and EMPNO will be the value. The to_char is necessary because the value of the list item must be CHAR. Next, in WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE place the following code:

Declare
  Status Number;
BEGIN
  Status := Populate_Group('RG_EMP');
  Populate_List('L_EMP','RG_EMP');
END; Where L_EMP is the name of your list item. If your application changes the values stored in EMP, and you want your drop down list to reflect these changes, re-execute the above code.

Joe Strano
Dulcian, Inc.