How to keep record of who logged on and who did what on the database

From: sccstech <sccstech_at_superlink.net>
Date: 1997/03/14

[Quoted] I have encountered a situation, where the database server crashed on Windows NT Server because of virtual memory being run out. Somebody executed a query which returned 50000 rows.

The server did not write any log like who waa trying to do what.

Now, what can be the various ways to hadle a problem like this.

Can we program the server soemhow to return an error that describes the quota being exceeded. This way, the server would not crash.

What are other elegant solutions to avoid this kind of unexpected CRASH of the database server.

Looking forward to the solution.

Thanks Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message