WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger Firing Problem

From: Mark T. Waring <mwaring_at_umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
Date: 1997/03/14

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have Developer 2000 with Forms 4.5. where I have a form with data fields [Quoted] and some buttons.

In the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger for the EXIT button, I coded: exit_form(NO_COMMIT);

In the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED Trigger for the CLEAR FORM button, I first assigned valid values to all of the required fields, i.e., :field:=1; Then I coded: clear_field(NO_COMMIT);

Both triggers work fine, except when the cursor is sitting on an empty required field. Then they don't fire at all until a valid value is typed.

[Quoted] There must be a way around this, but I sure don't know it.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

You can e-mail me at mwaring_at_umabnet.ab.umd.edu

Thanks

Mark Waring Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message