Re: Oracle WebServer - SSI calling stored procs?

From: Chris Nelson <chris.nelson_at_sdrc.com>
Date: 1997/03/14

Vince Cross wrote:

> I am using Oracle WebServer v2.0 and would like to be able to use
> LiveHTML (server side includes) to force a static html file to execute a
> stored procedure in the database. For example, if I want the procedure
> 'hitcount' to be executed with a parameter of 'test' every time the page
> is accessed, how could I do it? I've tried both "include" and "exec"
> with no luck. Any ideas would be welcome.
>
> Vince
> --
> * Hey Spammers! If you send me unsolicated email, we'll
> * send you a bill for up to $500/message. Federal laws
> * allow us to do this. This is not a joke. We've got
> * lots of expensive lawyers to feed.

The best way to do this is to go look in the downloadable utilities section at http://govt.us.oracle.com. There you will find the OWA replacement cartridges. Among other, life-saving features, it allows for an <ORACLE> tag to be inserted into your static html, which allows you to, you guessed it, execute PL/SQL within the tag. It even works with Web Application Server (OWS 3.0).

Happy hunting!

--
Christopher Nelson
email: webmaster_at_sdrc.com