Looking for a method to encrypt data within an Oracle database, hosted on a public net, and accessed by thousands

From: <jacob.marley_at_plaintalk.bellevue.wa.us>
Date: 1997/03/13

[Quoted] [Quoted] Sorry about the large cross post, my question seems (to me) relevant to all groups with the possible exception of sci.crypt.

[Quoted] Anyway, I am looking for a method to encrypt columns within an Oracle database, hosted on a public net, and accessed by thousands with the purpose of protecting the data from access by the sysadmin(s), server compromise, and backup media compromise.

Clients would be authenticated in some way and, via some KEA, decypt/re-encrypt the columns for reading and modification.

Anybody want to share any ideas how to do this? My preference is an existing product.

j Received on Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message