Best point to commit in a Master/Dtl Form

From: Malh1156 <malh1156_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted]   I am trying to ascertain when should I commit a record in a Master/Detail
Form.
[Quoted] 1) I can commit the master block as I navigate to the detail block, and subsequently
 commit each detail row as I navigate to the next row. OR
 2) wait till the operator is done and then commit all records then when he presses save button.
which one is better?
 If I implement 1), it is easy to check for duplicate records entered in the detail block as user enters them.
 But giving an explicit SAVE button to could be tricky.

 If I implement 2) then I am not sure If I can detect for duplicate records entered into the detail block till the operator TRIES to commit..

I think I am missing something.
Thanks in advance,
Rajiv Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message